SUBMARINE RESCUE CAPSULE (SRC)
The SRC system (basic version) utilizes a rescue bell as a rescue vehicle, based on the McCann bell principle.
The rescue bell allows immersion and mating on DISSUBs up to an operating depth of 300 msw. The rescue bell then allows the evacuation of rescue personnel and their recovery to the surface.
In addition to the rescue bell, the SRC system is made up of other surface systems. These include a system for the deployment of the umbilical cable (winch and pulley) and its respective umbilical cable, the system’s command and control container and the bell’s deck cradle. The rescue bell is also equipped with a module to allow its transport.
SRC KEY FEATURES
- Operating depth: 300 msw
- Angle of intervention (omnidirectional): Up to a maximum of 10°
- Recoverable personnel: up to 8 pax
- Life support system lifetime: 24 hours
- Possibility to be pressurized up to 6 ATA by umbilical cable hose
- Crew members: 2 (rescue assistants)
- Fully certified