With the DG350 Drass continues the legacy of our Italian-made Compact Submarines, based on the traditional design which was a huge success worldwide. The Compact Submarine’s success is due to the geniality of design, its simple hull construction, the reliability of the on-board equipment, as well as its ease of operability and maintainability.
Furthermore, the Compact Submarine makes the end user selfsufficient in the operation and maintenance of a craft dedicated to operations in littoral waters, including disassembly and reassembly for ease of maintenance or modernization.
DRASS DG350 COMPACT DESIGN PRINCIPLE
The design of the Drass DG350 is based on an operational concept which makes this craft more similar to that of an aircraft than a naval vessel; due to its limited size, when not in operation, the DG450 can be stored dry in a hangar and launched for mission only.
This feature facilitates maintenance, increases the longevity of the craft and, more importantly, makes it less detectable by air recognition. As a significant evolution from the smaller DG85, DG120 and DG160 Submarines, the double hull design of the DG450 further reduces the radiated noise propagation. The composite material of the second hull provides advanced stealth capabilities against active sonar. The Drass DG450 is fitted with a wide range of weapons and
- Patrol and attack mission consists of the standard payload 3bow heavy-weight torpedoes and 4 optional light torpedoes (future development)
- In case of Special Forces deployment, possibility to lock out up to a team of 12 with additional payload of 2 SDVs (Swimmer Delivery Vehicles) or 2 inflatable boats
- Other configurations are available including 20/70 mm machine guns and minor accessories
The Compact Submarine hull is composed of a main pressure hull, divided in four parts with separate battery containers; these vessels are bolted together and can be disassembled for maintenance, testing and road transportation.
The Submarine design is based on a typical double hull, composed of an internal pressure vessel and an external secondary hull made of GRP giving the hydrodynamic shape.
- Submarine Steering Station
- Submarine Platform Management System
- Navigation / Combat System
- Passive Sonar
- Obstacle Avoidance Sonar
- SWR Intercept Sonar (OPTIONAL)
- RWR Radar Warning Receiver
- ESM, DF– Electronic Support Measure, Direction Finding (OPTIONAL)
- Two Optronic Masts
- HF Transceiver
- UHF/VHF Transceiver
- Underwater Communication System
- Sound Powered Telephone
- Intercom Network
- INS – Inertial Navigation System
- Echo Sounder with Sound Velocity
- Doppler Velocity Log